Volunteer Research and Capacity Building Position
Green Future Consulting
Based in Douala or Buea, Cameroon
Green Future Consulting is recruiting one (2) volunteers for at least six (6) months for the position of Research and Capacity Building Officers to begin as soon as possible in Douala, Cameroon.
Green Future Consulting (GFC Ltd) is a sustainability consulting company that helps businesses and organizations address social and environmental challenges, identify sustainable business opportunities. It is a social enterprise, located in Akwa, Douala, opposite college INTEG.
Our mission is to address climate change by building and supporting a community of experts with the highest standards of professional practice in leadership, training, entrepreneurship, innovation and research that meet the needs of Cameroonians, corporations and organizations large and small.”
Green Future Consulting constitutes a team of experts and consultants with each specializing in a particular area of activity. We at GFC Ltd are currently a team of people with experience in sustainable business development, capacity building and training, research and knowledge generation, export/import advisory, market research and innovation.
Our core businesses are social entrepreneurship, technical assistance, research and international development in the following thematic areas:
i. Capacity building and training
ii. Business development and advisory services
iii. Research and knowledge generation
iv. Clean Technology transfer
Main responsibilities of the Innovative Result-Based Financing Volunteer
Duties: As Research Analyst and Capacity Building Officer you will work closely with the Director of Green Future Consulting and the program Manager and Business Development and IT team to ensure GFC Ltd has the highest possible quality of technical support. Through our policy oriented research and capacity building we help local and international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge. Your work here would focus in particular on advancing climate policy development and implementation in Cameroon through research and capacity development
Your responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
• Carry out qualitative and quantitative analysis of climate policies, leading and contributing to climate policy research reports.
• Research tasks related to project work
• Data collection and analysis
• Support for preparation of research proposals
• Curriculum development of our capacity building program
• Organize and deliver on our capacity building programs,
• Support and management online training platform
• Manage and support the capacity building program team
• Identifying experts to be recruited for the capacity building program
Project Management and Administrative Support
• Project management
• Administrative support
• Organisation of events
• Other, more project-specific tasks may also be part of your role, depending on needs and availability.
Qualifications of the candidate
An ideal candidate should display the following qualities, skills, and experience:
• A master degree in environmental science, geography, economics, social sciences, international development, engineering or related fields;
• Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills, strong analytics, creativity and attention to detail;
• Command of business consulting tools, especially Excel modelling, business-plan analysis, interview techniques, and research;
• Excellent time management and communication skills. You should be able to manage projects independently without a lot of guidance, and to be able to manage several projects at the same time under time pressure;
• Sensitivity to customer needs. GFC works with clients from a wide range of industries and backgrounds, you need to be comfortable thinking outside the box;
• Fluent written and oral English and French;
• Commitment to serving society’s needs;
• A high level of personal integrity and teamwork spirit.
What we offer to you
• A great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm to help create social businesses with us
• An exciting work environment with great scope for taking on significant responsibilities within projects and within the organization.
• A lot of joy in all our projects and a friendly, young, international team.
• A volunteer (unpaid) position, with the possibility to turn into full-time paid positions based on performance and project needs.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate, in English, by email, to the following email address: and copying and with subject line “Research and Capacity Building Volunteer” before September 26th, 2016. ”. If your profile is suitable, we will contact you for an interview.